MISSION and VISION
The Foundation for Natural Livestock Farming (NLF) focuses on fund raising activities in order to support and implement natural livestock farming activities world wide.
- The common goal is to promote field pilots and knowledge exchange on natural livestock farming based on the NLF-5-layered approach.
- The final goal is to promote food security, food quality and sustainable agriculture by reducing the use of antibiotics and other chemicals in dairy farming. NLF contributes to a better world in which milk and other livestock products are produced in a sustainable way: a way in which soil is enriched, animals live well, farmers get a decent income and milk is healthy and without chemicals.
The Foundation for Natural Livestock Farming is the sister foundation of Platform Natuurlijke Veehouderij, the Dutch branch of the NLF network.
- Knowledge gathering and sharing through pilots with the Natural Livestock Farming approach for reduction of antibiotics (India, Ethiopia, Netherlands) and acaricides (Uganda)
- Lobby and communication
- Strengthen national platforms on natural livestock farming
APPROACH and STRATEGY
The Foundation aims to achieve her goals by collaborating with (inter) national partners to obtain funds for field-based pilot programs on natural livestock farming. Project funds are provided for field activities based on the following criteria:
- Does the project contribute to the goal of improved animal health and reduced use of antibiotics and other chemicals in dairy farming?
- Does the project contribute to improvement of the situation of the local population/livestock keepers?
- Will the outcome of the pilot be shared with other stakeholders?
- Can the funds from the Foundation contribute to the complete realization of the projected activities?